Rev vs. AJAX...Or Web-Aware Apps vs. Web Apps

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Sat Oct 15 04:17:12 EDT 2005

Recently, Judy Perry  wrote:

> The more that we actively discourage 'thinking outside of the box' (or
> even thinking at all), the more we damn ourselves to the present and its
> limitations.

IMO, the use of templates/themes is not an attempt to discourage thinking
outside the box.  It is an attempt to illuminate the fact that there is, in
fact, a box present, which has certain properties and rules, and one must
learn the limitations of the box before one can learn to think outside it.

What you may see as "dumbing down", others may see as education.

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design