"Andre's all-Rev Web server"

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Oct 14 13:25:07 EDT 2005

On Oct 14, 2005, at 11:18 AM, Jon Seymour wrote:
> Someone mentioned "Andre's all-Rev Web server"...sounds
> fascinating and of interest  to me...will someone point
> me in the right direction for more on this?

Andre's implementation is not to be missed, and when his web site is
back together you'll definitely want to check it out.

But here's something to get you started:

The inventor of the Rev engine, Scott Raney, once put together a simple
HTTP server stack to show off MetaCard's socket support (back then the
engine was called MetaCard).

You can still download a copy from MetaCard's FTP site:
<ftp://ftp.metacard.com/MetaCard/mchttpd.zip>

It's a cool thing to play with -- totally customizable, as it's just a
few relatively straightforward scripts.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal