Unicode on Win 98/ME

Trevor DeVore trevor at mangomultimedia.com
Fri Oct 14 13:14:27 EDT 2005

While doing some Unicode research I was talking to a friend who does
develops Windows software about his experience with localizing
software.  He said that when they had to support double-byte
languages they looked at using the Microsoft Layer for Unicode on Win
98/ME because Microsoft was touting it as a great solution.  He said
that once they actually tried to implement it all sorts of problems
arose though and they eventually scrapped the idea of using Unicode
until they dropped support for 98/ME.

Not knowing how Rev handles Unicode on Win 98 I'm wondering if
Unicode support on Win 98/ME is comparable to the other platforms
(2000/XP).  Does anyone have any experience with using Unicode and
Rev on Win 98/ME with languages like Russian, Chinese or Japanese?
Any gotchas to be aware of?

Thanks,

--
Trevor DeVore