Rev vs. AJAX...Or Web-Aware Apps vs. Web Apps

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Oct 14 09:22:21 EDT 2005

> even a "toy" language like blitzmax is exciting because it offers
> arcade-quality possibilties in the interface department (in slick opengl

> 3d etc) & is cross-platform, early days yet but possible to do
> server/cgi with & talk to sqlite .. but it's ultimately nostalgic & the
> forum participants are mainly a younger generation.

Apparently Rev seems deaf to our pleading for an opengl extension or
"real" graphics... Rev works great to animate up to 10 poligons but
that's it (on a big PC too...)... im sure they're working on it though...

> rev can't do that and it doesn't need to but i find the new version of
> rev quite stable & have been happily using it the last few days for a
> project, although i still get weird coloured syntax highlighting issues,

> more so that ye ol metacard :)

Apparently Rev is hard of hearing on that since last year...
There's a few bugzillas on it too - I even proposed them a real text
coloring engine that works great since 5 years or so when i rewrote the
MC script editor... but as usual, no one was much interested...

Since then someone managed to make another editor with similar features
which others did seem interested in.

It's a really weird market, these revolutionaries! ;)

cheers
Xavier

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER