Image woes...

Todd Geist tg.lists at geistinteractive.com
Wed Oct 12 16:08:38 EDT 2005

Still having problems

On 10/12/05 4:59 AM, "Klaus Major" <klaus at major-k.de> wrote:
> Hmm, that does work actually, i use this almost everyday.
>
> Did you check the image on disk with an image viewer?
> Maybe it got corrupted somehow...

Here is what I am doing. Mac OSX 10.4.1 Rev 2.6.1

I use button with the following handler to grab an image of the clipboard
and place it in a file on my desktop.

ON mouseUp

    put the clipboardData["image"] into img "image"
    put specialFolderPath("desktop") & "/test.png" into tPath
    put "binfile:" & tPath into tURL
    put img "image" into URL tURL
END MouseUP

-->  test.png is created on on the desktop and looks good when opened with
"Preview".  And img "image" shows the image contents.

I have a second button with this handler to copy the image back off the disk
into  a second image control.

ON mouseUp
    put specialFolderPath("desktop") & "/test.png" into tPath
    put URL tURL into img "image2"
    put the result
END MouseUP

-->  FAILS.  The second image control img "image2" is still empty.

Any clues?

Thanks very much

Todd
--