automated testing tools (slightly OT)

Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com Roger.E.Eller at sealedair.com
Wed Oct 12 13:24:18 EDT 2005

> This is probably a little bit off topic, but I'm wanting to find out
> if any of you are using any type of automated testing tools with
> Revolution.  I'm thinking something like scripts or whatever that
> will perform tasks that your end-users would perform.  Does anything
> like that exist that can be used Revolution-built apps?
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

> Chris Sheffield
> Read Naturally
> The Fluency Company
> http://www.readnaturally.com

That's funny, I used to work with a guy who could mess up a bad day. So I
would use him to test all of my software. No matter how many user-error
scenarios I could imagine and code to prevent, he would somehow find a new
one. An automated approach could be something like random clicks (left,
middle, and right) covering every pixel of every stack window, and random
keyboard input when a text field is detected. It would be like using a
monkey to do your testing (but not as entertaining). ;-)

Roger Eller <roger.e.eller at sealedair.com>