importing an image from a window that is offscreen

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Wed Oct 12 12:27:51 EDT 2005

Recently, Lynch, Jonathan  wrote:

> Is there any way to use the import snapshot command to take an image
> from a stack that is located to the right or left of the screen?
>

> Right now, when I try it, it does not work. Basically, it seems that it
> does not draw anything that is offscreen, and thus cannot take a picture
> of it. Can I force it do so?

If you're using a recent version of Rev, it should work as expected (maybe
2.5 or later).  Tested here and it works fine.  Make sure you're using the
correct rect description of the region you want to capture.

 import snapshot from rect tRect of window tWindowID

Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director
Tactile Media, Multimedia & Design