[OT] Microsoft Office's New UI Blazes Some New Trails for Us

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Oct 11 20:57:25 EDT 2005

Charles Hartman wrote:

> A Whole New Look to office memos is a bad thing,
> distracting, not a good thing; memos are not art. If you're a
> typographer or graphic designer it's a different story -- but then  you
> don't use MS Office.

Charles, I respectfully disagree. Just like websites, many Office docs
(including PowerPoint) are embellished by good design. My father is no
designer, yet he works hard to create Word docs with his own look and
feel focussed on usability. I'm always on the lookout for a really nice
crisp proposal format for Word. And PowerPoint (another part of Office)
even has a 3rd party market for 'new looks.'