bring Standalone to front

Sarah Reichelt sarah.reichelt at gmail.com
Tue Oct 11 18:23:12 EDT 2005

On 10/12/05, Charles Silverman <charlessilverman at sympatico.ca> wrote:
> I'm using a systemwindow palette to leave my rev standalone and go
> find things in google. I'm not been able to figure out how get the
> palette to get my rev standalone back to the front again. A simple
> activate via applescript doesn't seem to do it.  With the application
> bundle on Mac OS X I'm not sure what the correct application name
> should even be. Any help would be appreciated. It may be really
> obvious but I'm just not getting it. Thanks!
> Thanks,
> Charles Silverman

I use this script for OS X:

    put "tell application " & quote & myAppName & quote & " to
activate" into tScript
    do tScript as AppleScript

myAppName is the name of the application bundle but without the .app extension.

This will launch the application if it isn't already running and can
be used for any OS X app e.g.
  tell application "TextEdit" to activate

Cheers,
Sarah