: Playing audio clips

Jim Hurley jhurley at infostations.com
Tue Oct 11 11:31:41 EDT 2005

>Message: 1
>Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 10:41:52 -0700
>From: Mark Talluto <userev at canelasoftware.com>
>Subject: Re: Playing audio clips
>To: How to use Revolution <use-revolution at lists.runrev.com>
>

>On Oct 10, 2005, at 8:23 AM, Jim Hurley wrote:
>
>>  As far as I can make out  from the documentation one can only
>>  start (from the  beginning) and stop an audio clip. It is not
>>  possible to pause,  resume or control the speed.
>>
>  > Did I get this right?
>>

>Jim,
>
>If you use a player control to handle the audio, you can do all of
>the above.
>
>Mark Talluto

Mark,

That is encouraging.

However I'm having trouble getting started. Apparently the sound file
cannot  be an imported sound file but  a referenced file on disk.

So, I find I can start the play  with:

   Play "/Users/jameshurley/Desktop/myAudio.wav"

Now, where does the player come in? How do I get the player to
control the play? How does the player pause, change volume or speed
of this sound file?

Jim