QT version on Windows

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Tue Oct 11 11:10:36 EDT 2005

On Oct 11, 2005, at 4:24 AM, sims wrote:
> <shameless plea>  It would be very, very nice if one could check
> the QTVersion without needing to
> load QuickTime however! </shameless plea>

Have you played around with this at all?  I heard Tuviah made some
changes to the engine sometime around 2.5 that modified the behavior
so that it would be possible to check the qtVersion and then set
dontuseQT to true and QT wouldn't be used.

I played around with this for a bit when I was working on the Images
and Multimedia conference and got it to work sometimes but not all of
the time in my tests.  I didn't have time to narrow down what was
going on but you may be able to find something that works.  It may be
that you can't have any media loaded into a player when you set
dontuseQT to true or that you have to create new player objects after
setting it.  I don't know but it may be worth fiddling around with.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com