Export Forced Line Break (soft returns) to XML

Marcus van Houdt marcus at runrev.com
Tue Oct 11 09:10:17 EDT 2005

Hello,

The Mac uses the Ascii character 13 (a carriage return) for line
endings.  UNIX uses a linefeed (char 10) and Windows uses both.
If your text file is intended for the Mac, simply use the "return"
constant, and save using "file" (not "binfile"), as this will covert
the returns to the correct line ending character for the platform that
you are saving on.
In revolution return is a shorthand for linefeed, or ascii 10, and end
of line translation is performed in the appropriate cases. For more
information take a look at the Rev documentation on return.

Marcus

Software Developer
Runtime Revolution
marcus at runrev.com

Disclaimer:
Email from people at RunRev.com  does not usually represent official
policy of Runtime Revolution.