Unicode Users Unite

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Mon Oct 10 19:57:19 EDT 2005

On Oct 10, 2005, at 4:43 PM, Richard Gaskin wrote:

> I'll third that.  I've toss the max votes for all Unicode issues
> but I've only 100 and they're all committed.
>
> Chunk expressions are at the top of my list.  It's what
> distinguishes Transcript from lesser languages. :)
>
> If I need to write my own parsing routines much of the value of
> choosing Transcript goes away.

The inability to use chunks is probably my biggest gripe right now
(well, that and no Unicode file names).

I also wish it was easier to read a UTF16 files that have a different
byte order than the OS you are running on.  It looks like you have to
swap the bytes yourself in order to read the file.

Another thing is no UTF16 support in externals.  I'm pretty sure this
is on the radar to fix but for externals like Valentina 2 you have to
convert to/from UTF8 to get data between the external and the Rev
environment.  This is less than efficient.

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Multimedia
trevor at mangomultimedia.com