Playing audio clips

Eric Chatonet eric.chatonet at sosmartsoftware.com
Mon Oct 10 11:41:06 EDT 2005

Hi Klaus,

Unfortunately, play pause, resume, etc. only work with video clips
but not with audio clips:
To pause a movie, use the play pause form. Continue playing with play
resume. You can move one frame backward or forward with the play step
form. If you use one of these commands with a clip that is not
currently playing, the result function returns "videoClip is not
playing". If the clip is a sound, these forms simply play the sound,
ignoring the words "pause", "resume", or "step".
Then Jim is right :-(

Best Regards from Paris,

Eric Chatonet.

Le 10 oct. 05 à 17:33, Klaus Major a écrit :

> Hi Jim,
>

>> As far as I can make out  from the documentation one can only
>> start (from the  beginning) and stop an audio clip.
>> It is not possible to pause,  resume or control the speed.
>>

> if you had a look at "play" in the docs, you should have also seen
> these commands:
>
> play pause ac "xyz"
> -> Will pause an audioclip (ac)
>
> play resume ac "xyz"
> -> Will resume (go figure :-) a paused audioclip
>

>> Did I get this right?
>>

> No, except the "speed" thing :-)
>

>> Jim
>>

> Regards