ALCY (Beginner )> Auto Indentation/ Default font / Tab Pannel / Date functions

Alcy alcy.runrev1 at 7power7.com
Mon Oct 10 10:52:45 EDT 2005

Hi all,
I am still a beginner and have a series of questions:
1- How can I stop the automatic indentation of the code?  I find it
rather cahotic and I would rather take care of it myself, I personally
prefer no identation but I use a certain amount of # characters to mark
the blocks such as  if/end if...
eg:
# Do this for now ###
if ..
done here
end if
###
This method is much clearer for me and keeps the maximum length
available for the code and practically, it saves a lot of time..

2- How can I set the default size of the text and font of new buttons?
Looks like the default settings of my preferences is not taken into
account for new buttons Text/size properties. At the moment I copy and
paste existing buttons but there must be some default settings I have
missed somewhere right?

3- Tab pannel: How does it work? At the moment when I click on a tab of
the "Tab pannel" it shows as selected, however what is the property
recording the tab which has been clicked? (the label stays empty) Also
it looks like it doesn't handle the navigation in long lists, has
someone done a routine to navigate in a list of menus and display the
list in a tab pannel?

thanks in advance for your help :)
By the way, the advice I have received to prevent crashes have worked,
the list of potentially dangerous actions should be in the user manual,
at the start ;-)  We can handle our weaknesses better once we know them.
And, a day of work to recover might cost more than Rev sometimes..(I now
save the main stack under several names regularly)

Alcy