Copy Image

Todd Geist tg.lists at geistinteractive.com
Fri Oct 7 10:23:06 EDT 2005

Thanks Chip and Sarah for your responses.

It seems to be a false alarm. Or at least not a real problem for rev but
rather for Constellation...  :>(

I love Constellation.  Jerry has done a terrific job. But it seems to be
throwing a phantom error here.  Or at least switching to using Rev's Object
editors removes the error.  I am going to see if I can recreate the problem
in simple stack pair and send it to Jerry.

Thanks
Again

Todd

On 10/6/05 10:47 PM, "Sarah Reichelt" <sarah.reichelt at gmail.com> wrote:

>> I am trying to copy and image from the current card to a card in a external
>> stack, "GrommetData".
>>
>> If the image is already there from a previous copy,  I delete it first and
>> then copy it to the card.
>>
>> If the image is already there all works as expected, BUT if the image is not
>> alredy there I get an error after the image is copied.  The handler looks
>> like this
>>

>>    IF exists (img "image" of cd tCard of stack "GrommetData") THEN
>>       delete img "image" of cd tCard of stack "GrommetData"
>>    END if
>>
>>    copy img "image" to cd tCard of stack "GrommetData"
>>

> Hi Todd,
>
> I just made a test with a mainStack and a sub-stack called "Sub". I
> imported an image from the image library and tested it with the
> following button script:
>
> on mouseUp
>   if there is an img "alerthand.gif" of cd 1 of stack "Sub" then
>     delete img "alerthand.gif" of cd 1 of stack "Sub"
>     wait 1 second
>   end if
>   copy img "alerthand.gif" to cd 1 of stack "Sub"
>   put the result
> end mouseUp
>
> It all worked perfectly whether Sub had the image already or not. (The
> wait is only there so that I can see that the original is really
> deleted).
>
> You say the error occurs after the image has been copied. What is the
> error? What happens next in your script? If you isolate the copying
> script completely, does it work then?
>
> Cheers,
> Sarah

Todd Geist