# POSSIBLY SPAM #::Re: HELP!! - Geometry Gone Berserk, How to fix?

xbury.cs at clearstream.com xbury.cs at clearstream.com
Fri Oct 7 04:25:54 EDT 2005

David, Jeane,

only in theory... In practice, i've seen this not work, work wrong,
rescrew everything...
i've never seen this work correctly... I know because i tried for MONTHS
not to go crazy
with the thing!!!

The best way to make this work:
make a handler to save all your control's positions

try rev*geocraptry

if it doesn't work, you can "restore the geometry" with your settings.

Rev's cachegeostuff doesn't work 100% correctly...

cheers
Xavier

use-revolution-bounces at lists.runrev.com wrote on 07/10/2005 10:06:50:

> At 12:11 PM +0100 10/6/2005, David Burgun wrote:
> >HELP! I have a Stack and the geometry has gone berserk. I have a
> >"breakpoint" inserted in a preOpenStack handler that allows me to
> >quit the startup path. If I let it continue the Stack displays and
> >the geometry has scaled/moved objects as if the Stack window were
> >MUCH bigger. If I Abort in the debugger, the stack displays ok.
> >
> >However, if I type:
> >
> >revUpdateGeometry (which would have been called on the preOpenStackk
> >path anyway)
> >
> >The geometry goes beswick!
> >
> >How it fix? Is there anyway of resetting the geometry of the Stack?
>

> With the stack in the correct state (e.g. if you abort), try typing
>
>    revCacheGeometry
>
> in the message box. In theory this should rebuild the Geometry
> Manager settings, and base them off the current position and size.
> --
> jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
> http://www.jaedworks.com

Visit us at http://www.clearstream.com

IMPORTANT MESSAGE

Internet communications are not secure and therefore Clearstream
International does not accept legal responsibility for the contents of
this message.

legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. If you are
not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or
any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is
prohibited and may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of Clearstream International or of any of
its affiliates or subsidiaries.

END OF DISCLAIMER