Stack Switching Question

Jeanne A. E. DeVoto revolution at jaedworks.com
Thu Oct 6 21:16:44 EDT 2005

At 11:41 AM -0500 10/6/2005, Chipp Walters wrote:
>I, for one, hope it doesn't dissapear, as I use 'delete stack' quite
>often. It's the only sure-fire way to make sure a stack is closed,
>and I'd have to rewrite many, many stacks if it went away.
>
>It's unfortunately named, and could certainly use a better synonym.
>But it does 'delete a stack from memory' as it says. Once you get
>the hang of it, and know to never use it on subStacks, it's not too
>bad.

Take a look at the proposal, Chipp. It's to deprecate "delete stack"
and replace it with two new commands - one to delete a substack from
its stack file, and the other to remove a main stack from memory. The
functionality will still be there - just split into two commands, to
match the two things delete stack does. ;-)
jeanne a. e. devoto ~ revolution at jaedworks.com
http://www.jaedworks.com