Speed optimisation

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:57:38 EDT 2005

On 10/6/05, Alex Tweedly <alex at tweedly.net> wrote:

> No, I don't think so, because your method gets wrong (IMHO) results in
> two cases :-).

Well spotted.

Yes I guess depending on what your going to do with it afterward it may
matter. I tend not to bother with trailling zeros as Rev does a good job,
put 20. + 20.5 will give you the correct answer. It's only if you have to
display it does it matter, and in this case maybe the result is for final
display.

The other case I'm still looking into. I'm sure your numbers were the same
as mine. More investigation requierd.

And I was so looking forward to the QP Doll;-)