Bizarre problem of disappearing pictures on reducing stack size

Phil Davis davis.phil at comcast.net
Tue Oct 4 12:58:49 EDT 2005

Hi Steve,

Two tips that will at least tell you more about those unviewable images:

1) In the Application Browser, select one of them, then click the
"Inspector" button and look at the "Size and Position" panel of the
Inspector. That will tell you if the image is within the rectangle of
the stack, or if for some reason it is "offscreen". If offscreen, you can

   set the loc of image "arrows" to the loc of image "withoutArrows"

to bring it back onscreen.

2) Also in the same panel you can check the layer of the object. If the
layer number is lower than that of the image it's supposed to cover, it
won't be viewable even when visible. (The layers of both images should
also be shown in the Application Browser).

Hopefully this will help bring those images back under control!

Phil Davis