Transparency and PNG format

graham samuel graham.samuel at wanadoo.fr
Wed Nov 30 03:06:38 EST 2005

Thanks to all who replied to this, specially Ken Ray who gave me a
quick way out of my problem and answered my other question too.  This
is by no means the first time I've been happy to thank Ken for a
RunRev solution. I really appreciate it.

Graham

(OT rant: I had tried the Help files in Photoshop Elements but I just
gave up because they don't give you, AFAIK, a step-by-step guide to
making part of an image transparent. To my mind, Photoshop has been
so successful that it's created its own vocabulary which is hard for
amateurs to grok, but their huge success makes them thinking they're
speaking English: perhaps my favourite is 'Unsharp mask' which
actually sharpens! ).