More newbie problems

Bob Hutchison hutch at recursive.ca
Tue Nov 29 23:53:49 EST 2005

Hi Chipp,

On Nov 29, 2005, at 11:38 PM, Chipp Walters wrote:

> Hi Bob,
>
> Sure, it's easy to make a mainstack a substack of another.
>
> Go to your stack property inspector of the main stack you wish to
> make a substack of another. Make sure you're at the 'Basic
> Properties' section.
>
> There's a option button named 'mainStack'. Just click on it and
> select the new mainstack you want for this stack and it's done for
> you.

I've done this at least a dozen times now. I can set the mainstack
option button to the other mainstack. If I save, it reverts back.
Change the mainstack again, click on the other mainstack then back on
the one I just changed and it reverts back. Basically, I can't get
the change in mainstack to stick.

Actually, I just tried it a couple of more times. Thought I'd see
what the application browser might tell me. It seems that I had an
empty substack defined on the mainstack I was trying to move. Once I
got rid of that, this worked.

OK, I'm set now. Thanks.

> See below for other answers.

Thanks, I'm going to have to get used to this running of scripts to
modify things.

Cheers,
Bob