More newbie problems

Chipp Walters chipp at chipp.com
Tue Nov 29 23:38:15 EST 2005

Hi Bob,

Sure, it's easy to make a mainstack a substack of another.

Go to your stack property inspector of the main stack you wish to make a
substack of another. Make sure you're at the 'Basic Properties' section.

There's a option button named 'mainStack'. Just click on it and select
the new mainstack you want for this stack and it's done for you.

See below for other answers.

best,
Chipp

Bob Hutchison wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Having a blast with RunRev... in two ways at least: lots of fun, and
> shooting myself in the foot
>
> So I made a main stack and got it working quite nicely. I've grown
> attached to it even.
>
> Now I am coming to realise that this was something of a mistake. I
> should have made a dummy stack as the main stack and done my work in  a
> substack. Next time for sure.
>
> So I read in the documentation "Changing a stack's mainStack property
> moves it into the same file as the specified main stack. The stack
> becomes a substack of the specified mainStack."
>
> Unless I'm doing something wrong -- and this is a distinct  possibility
> -- then this isn't precisely correct. This doesn't do  much when the
> stack you are trying to change the mainStack property  of is itself a
> main stack. In fact it doesn't seem to do anything.
>
> So, barring some error in what I'm trying to do, is there some other
> way to do this? I can't quite find answers in the documentation.
>
> Can you demote a main stack?
>
> Can you copy a main stack to a substack?
>
> Can you move a card from one stack to another?

copy card 1 of stack "fred" to stack "sam"

> Can you duplicate stacks?

clone stack "fred"

> Can you duplicate cards?

clone card "myCard" of stack "fred"