Ubuntu and sound files

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Nov 29 17:40:33 EST 2005

Richard-

Tuesday, November 29, 2005, 11:09:09 AM, you wrote:

> Mark Wieder wrote:

>> I finally got back to my Ubuntu box and found that I have no problem
>> at all playing .aiff files (or .wav files, for that matter) in rev
>> stacks. In fact, at the moment that's the only way I *can* play them,
>> since Ubuntu comes without builtin players for these file types.

> That's encouraging.

> Do you know offhand if it also handles AU format?

Not offhand, no, but now that I've tried it I can definitely verify
that it works fine. And doing that pointed out the builtin way to play
.au sounds. I suppose it also works with .aiff files, but I haven't
tried that way yet.

I'm liking the Ubuntu/RR combination more and more as I go along,
although I still think I'll wipe this all out someday soon and install
Kubuntu, since I really prefer the KDE shell to Gnome.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net