Rev and User Accounts

Timothy Miller gandalf at doctorTimothyMiller.com
Mon Nov 28 18:30:56 EST 2005

>>J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>>Both DC and Rev Player use the same creator code, so it may be
>>>that OS X thinks they are duplicate apps.
>>
>>Is there a benefit to having those apps use duplicate creator
>>codes, or should we Bugzilla that?
>>
>>--
>>  Richard Gaskin
>>  Managing Editor, revJournal
>>  _______________________________________________________

Timothy Miller replied:

>Well, come to think of it, I guess I could try trashing DC Player. I
>never use it anyway, and I guess I can download another copy if
>needed.
>
>I'll try it, and report back, in case anyone is interested. Good
>clue, Jacque! (as usual)
>
>Tim

Yup. That worked. If I put DC Player in the trash, then I can allow
or disallow Revolution Dreamcard on the "parental controls" list.

FWIW, it seems kinda silly to call it "parental controls." Seems like
there are other reasons the administrator might want to disallow a
subordinate user's access to certain applications.

In any case, I hope this might be slightly useful to someone.

Cheers,

Tim