No backgroundcolor

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 28 18:26:36 EST 2005

Dan Shafer wrote:
 > Jacque...
 >
 > Um, actually, foregroundcolor controls both text and border color.
 > bordercolor only works on buttons and scrollbars according to the docs.

Well, now you've got me curious. I think the summary line of this entry
in the docs is wrong, at least on OS X. The text explanation below it is
correct; the discussion doesn't talk about border colors, only text
colors. For a standard rectangle button, only the bordercolor worked to
change the border (provided threeD is false.) Fields were the same, only
bordercolor changes the edges. Scrollbars are drawn by the system, so
can't be colored at all in OS X, even though there are a few color boxes
enabled in the Inspector (none of them do anything.) I know scrollbars
allow more colors in MacOS and Windows though.

I didn't test on Windows. Obviously since the original poster got a red
border on the field using foregroundcolor, there must be a difference on
that OS. I'd like to know.

Can anyone on a Windows box summarize what you get? Or do I have to drag
mine out of the closet again? ;)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com