This is what REALLY SUCKS about RunRev! - was Menubar Help

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 28 14:05:32 EST 2005

David Burgun wrote:

> I guess what I meant was, the bug was that
> the garbage group got created in the first place, but this situation is
> compounded by not being able to see it easily!

The problem is, randomly-created groups with nonsense names appearing
out of nowhere have never been reported (to my knowledge) ever in the
past, all the way back to the original MC engine. If it happened to you,
then it was a rare enough occurance that either:

1. It can't be reproduced by any common recipe,
2. It wasn't really a bug, but rather something happened you aren't
aware of.

If you can figure out a recipe then please do submit to Bugzilla. That
is the only way to track it and find what is happening. But since I
don't believe this problem has ever been reported before in all the
engines dating back to the original MetaCard, it will be very difficult
to diagnose, and it is probably normal to assign the problem to "user
error" since no one else has ever seen it.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com