Need help opening a Macintosh Hypercard addess stack on a Windows PC with revolution

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Nov 28 13:52:05 EST 2005

Bill wrote:
> Debbie:
>
> I'm sure everyone on the list thought someone else would answer your email.
> I am on a Mac platform and only use windows in an emulator but I think I can
> answer your question. I believe you need to send that hypercard stack to
> someone who has runrev on a mac platform and have them convert it to runrev
> first before you can access it with your windows version of runrev. I don't
> think the windows version can open a hypercard stack directly.
>
> But maybe someone who uses windows can correct me?

Okay. :) Yes, if the stack is copied to the PC as a binary file (not a
text file) then Rev can open it directly.

I've answered Debbie in tech support, but basically I think her problem
is quite normal. HC stacks usually generate a number of errors unless
their scripts have been tweaked to accomodate the differences in the two
languages. I sent her a link to my conversion tutorial, which discusses
almost all the usual conversion issues.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com