Scope Problem on Standalones

Dave Cragg dcragg at lacscentre.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 10:50:58 EST 2005

On 28 Nov 2005, at 12:51, David Burgun wrote:

> Bu according to the documentation, the path returned should be the
> path to the real application, e.g.
>
> MacOSX/myApp.app/Contents/MacOS/Runtime/Stacks/StackA.rev
>
> Or perhaps:
>
> MacOSX/myApp.app/Contents/MacOS/MyApp (real applicaiton)
>
> Have I got this wrong? I would be really grateful if someone could
> just let me know if:

I don't think you've got it wrong.

As a quick test, I made two stacks "path_tester" and "stackA"

In the card script of "path_tester" I put this script:

on preopenstack
   put empty into field "pathlist"
   put the filename of this stack into tPath
   put tPath into field "pathlist"
   set the itemDel to "/"
   put item 1 to -2 of tPath into tDir
   if there is a stack (tDir & "/" & "stackA.rev") then

     toplevel (tDir & "/" & "stackA.rev")
   end if
end preopenstack

I built this into a standalone.

In the card script of stackA, I put this script:

on preopenstack
   if there is a stack "path_tester" then
   put cr & the filename of this stack after field "pathlist" of
stack "path_tester"
   end if
end preopenstack

I then placed stackA.rev in the Contents/MacOS folder inside the
standalone.

On running the standalone, I get the following in field "pathlist".

/Users/dave/Documents/RunRevStuff/problem testers/pathtest/
path_tester/path_tester.app/Contents/MacOS/path_tester
/Users/dave/Documents/RunRevStuff/problem testers/pathtest/
path_tester/path_tester.app/Contents/MacOS/stackA.rev

This is with Rev 2.6.1 on OS X 10.4.3 (but I'm pretty sure it also
worked this way in earlier versions).

Can you show us the script that is producing the strange result?

Cheers
Dave