Pricing / entry cost for this tool

Michael Lew michaell at unimelb.edu.au
Fri Nov 25 17:04:28 EST 2005

For some time I have been toying with the idea that software should
be sold on an income-weighted pricing scheme. If Richard can afford
to pay more for Rev than Andre, it is in large part because he lives
and earns in USA rather than Brazil.

I have a couple of educational titles being sold by my University
that cost the same number of Australian dollars to Harvard as they do
to universities in Africa. It doesn't seem fair. Perhaps software
prices could be adjusted for the average (modal) wage in a country.
It wouldn't harm me for people in low wage countries to pay me almost
nothing instead of absolutely nothing...

> On Nov 26, 2005, at 2:12 AM, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>

>> Personally, I think Rev is priced too low.

And Andre replied:

> Shhhhh... don't talk that too loud, I am trying to sum some money to
> buy a new license and pounds are expensive ;-)

Regards,
Michael