Pricing / entry cost for this tool

David Bovill david at openpartnership.net
Sat Nov 26 16:12:55 EST 2005

On 26 Nov 2005, at 22:03, Mark Smith wrote:

> Dan, this is an innocent question, not intended to provoke or
> contradict, but where do you think Rev is currently falling down
> with regard to either pro developers or inventive users?

Hard one to answer as RunRev do do a VERY good job at trying to serve
both ends of the market - no better deal fi you cater for both cross
platform.

However from my personal perspective I'd note the following:

     1) Lack of the large number of professional grade commercial
plugins or open source libraries available compared to other
platforms (this seems to be changing slowly).

     2) Slowly deteriorating *nix support (hopefully to be remedied
soon).

     3) Lack of open source strategy -  not helping with contracts or
to fix 2) and 3) above.