The Old Chestnut - Again

Dan Shafer revdan at danshafer.com
Sat Nov 26 16:02:30 EST 2005

David...

Good response. I agree that new markets can turn into wonderful
exceptions.

On Nov 26, 2005, at 12:34 PM, David Bovill wrote:

> No-one has managed to do this with software components yet. My view
> is that due to the technology and community involved in the
> Revolution environment - RunRev are uniquely placed to pull such a
> trick off. Whether anyone agrees with me on that is another question.

I have given up on this dream. In the 70's and 80's, several
companies tried -- with true object-oriented platforms such as
Smalltalk and Java -- to create viable third-party marketplaces for
software components, to no avail. I think it's an unattainable
objective, for reasons that are far too complex to go into on this
forum.

http://www.shafermedia.com
 From http://www.shafermediastore.com/tech_main.html