The Old Chestnut - Again

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Sat Nov 26 09:13:41 EST 2005

So, at least part of my Beef about the end of the 'FREE'
10-lines-of-code may be partly justified . . . see Frank
R's points/moans.

I also understand the arguments put forward by Richard
Gaskin and Co.

I also know that working with the old RR 2 'Free' version
can get extremely frustrating - and the only way out of
this (short of giving up) is to acquire a liceense.

Might it not be an idea to break RR up into modules:

not as daft as it seems -

1. A really extremely basic version of RR for FREE . . .

2. Add on modules at various prices based on how valuable
their perceived capabilities are.

The BASIC FREE version could be crippled to the old 10-line
setting,

The first module could be one that removes that limitation,

Other modules would allow PRINTING, SOUND, NETWORKING,
INTERNET ACCESS, DATABASE INTERFACING and so on . . .

For instance, in my own case - I need SOUND and PRINTING
for the tyoe of work I concentrate on; but I am a modest
sort of chap making modest sums. But the "Princes of the
Church" and Co. would pay more for more advanced
capabilities that their work required.

sincerely, Richmond

See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html