Pricing / entry cost for this tool

David Coker davidocoker at gmail.com
Fri Nov 25 21:10:46 EST 2005

Hello Frank,
It's been a long time since I posted to the list, but I thought I'd add my
perspective in regards to pricing.

You wrote:
>The pricing that has Built companies has been - price it low to draw people
in,
>get the revenue later with advanced features and with deployment licensing
costs.

Revolution already *is* that later version with the advanced features. ;)
I think most of the users consider Revolution to be Enterprise quality and
is up to virtually any task that you can throw in it's direction. I know I
do.

Quick research:

DreamCard:
United States Dollars = 99.00 USD
United Kingdom Pounds = 57.71 GBP

Revolution:
United States Dollars = 299.00 USD
United Kingdom Pounds = 174.29 GBP

Revolution's closest ancestor in the family tree (Meta-Card) sold for around
$995.00 USD, so with the many additions and improvements, the price point
today is a real bargain. With the current feature set and ability to deploy
on three major platforms considered, it's a great bargain!

Since Runtime Revolution (the company) is based in the United Kingdom, I'd
say that from their perspective, it's already priced pretty low.

The principle owners, employees and investors all have living expenses based
on the British Pound rather than the dollar. Forgetting any potential
R.O.Ifor a second, just the cost of paying salaries and doing business
in general
must be put into the proper perspective, price wise.

Last perspective: I work for a company here in the U.S. who's primary
marketing strategy seems to be lower pricing, lower pricing and lower
pricing. (No, the name doesn't sound anything like Walm..t)

While a certain volume is always an important factor for most companies,
having everyone working twice as hard just to maintain profit levels for the
previous 6 months cannot last forever.

I think we all would like to see Revolution prosper into the future. :)

Sorry if I've sounded the least bit argumentative, because that's certainly
not my intent... Just a little food for thought.

-Dave-