This is what REALLY SUCKS about RunRev! - was Menubar Help

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Fri Nov 25 01:35:19 EST 2005

It's entirely possible to have a group that is not on any card. To do
this, simply create a new stack, add a button, group the button, and
type this in the message box:

remove group 1 from this card

It's a limitation in the app browser, certainly, that the group in
question won't show up in the stack. It shouldn't show up under the
card, because it's not on the card.

I'm not sure I'm following what you're describing after that part,
but it sounds like you placed the group, which would make it show up
in the app browser, allowing you to delete it.

Again, I'm not sure I'm following, but it sounds like getting rid of
this extraneous group fixed your menu bar problems. If so, great.

So, there is definitely a limitation in the app browser, but not a
bug. It sounds like a useful feature request to backgrounds that
aren't in any card under the stack.

How the group got there in the first place remains a question for
investigation. You can certainly submit it as a bug. If it's not
reproducible it'll be difficult to confirm, and harder to fix
(assuming it is in fact a bug).

gc