Submitting a Rave to balance a Rant

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 24 18:42:16 EST 2005

Yep! That's what's great about RunRev all right and why I love it. I
did amost exactly the same thing this week, massively productive. The
problem is that all this spoilled when you hit one of these horrible
IDE/Engine/Whatever problems! It has taken me the best part of a day
trying to the simplest of things.

I suppose what makes it worse is if you and a task to do and you've
coded in the environment before you can make a good estimate of how
long it will take to finish. But if you hit one of these No-Way-Out
problems all your estimates go out the window.

For instance, if I had coded this in C/C++ using a GUI framework, I
would have scheduled more time, BUT I would be 100% certain that I
wouldn't have spent a day making a Menu work!!!! The point I am
making is that no one likes to feel their time is being wasted, by
that I mean I would rather spend 7 days working productivly on a
C/C++ app, then 2 days coding a runrev app and 1 day making a menu
work!

All the Best
Dave