This is what REALLY SUCKS about RunRev! - was Menubar Help

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Nov 24 18:13:09 EST 2005

Having tried to help before, I have to ask now: how do you _know_
this is a bug (in Rev)? Given that you said it worked in a new stack,
I have to think that this is some sort of mis-configuration of the
stack that is having the problem.

Several have suggested layering -- basically once the menubar buttons
and group have been created automatically, you shouldn't touch them
in any way other than to modify their scripts and contents.

In any case, while you might certainly argue that the mechanism for
translating Windows menu bars into Mac menu bars is touchy, what you
have described so far does not demonstrate a bug in Revolution. The
most that can be said at this point is that there is a way to mis-use
the menu system, and that the documentation hasn't led you to
discover what you what you might have done.

If you want to keep calling this a bug, you need to submit a bug
through bugzilla:

http://support.runrev.com/bugzilla/bugzilla.php

and attach the stack for verification. Once someone has looked at the
stack and verified that everything looks right and yet works
incorrectly, _then_ it's a bug.

gc