This is what REALLY SUCKS about whingeing

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 24 17:13:52 EST 2005

>David,
>
>This definitely sounds like a user error. If you have more than one
>menu group it will create confusion. If the group "fgttryiolk" is in
>the place menu then it was because you 'the user' created it first,
>Rev certainly did not create it or put it in your stack. Rev gets
>blamed for things like this all of the time.

I am 100% sure I didn't create it. I reckon it was some kind of
corruption in stack file. I don't think it was a menu group
specifically just a random bunch of bytes that "looked" like a group.
But anyway, even if I had created it, how come it wasn't listed in
any stack? E.g. when I looked in the App browser, there was no
control with the name "fgttryiolk"  anywhere in any card of any stack.

>What probably happened was that you were trying to figure out what
>was wrong and either copied or created a menu group and while it was
>still selected accidently typed in the name field, then deleted this
>background group from that particular card but it was still in the
>stack. Then you created a new group and had two menu groups and were
>trying to fix the one but the other one was still there.

No, this was not the case, see above.

>The best approach is always to create a sample stack and put a menu
>into it to see if it works and that you understand what you are
>doing in that stack then try and figure out what you did wrong in
>the broken stack.

This was/is a simple stack, with just the Menu Group in it. Can't get
much simpler than that!

>Don't feel bad though, I certainly blame Rev first and then the Gods
>of programming before I grudgingly look at myself as the culprit.
>Most times if I post here others will point this out quickly and
>then I go OHH, sorry it was me after all. The only problem is that
>the thread looks like Rev is the problem but in reality it was me
>all along.

I don't feel bad, it was nothing I did. This was a problem in RunRev,
not a user error. See above.

>Next time it would be better not to put "what REALLY SUCKS about
>Rev" in the subject line when after all it more than likely and in
>this case was your mistake.

In this case it was not my mistake. It was a BUG IN RUNREV and this
really is what really does suck about RunRev.

Take Care and All the Best
Dave