This is what REALLY SUCKS about RunRev! - was Menubar Help

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 24 17:04:10 EST 2005

>David Burgun wrote:
>
>>I've kept quiet about silly problems for a long tine but this just
>>took the biscuit!
>>
>>As for scaring people away, surely it's the bugs that scare people
>>away, not me moaning about them! Or are you suggesting that it's
>>better to keep quiet and that way fool them into thinking they are
>>getting something they are not. Apart from ths dishonesty, I really
>>don't think it will work, since if they do buy it and then hit the
>>problems they will be far more upset and far more likey to just
>>drop RunRev then if they knew there were these kind of stupid
>>problems to start with.
>>
>Do you understand David, that this is a user list not the RunRev
>team? Some very smart and helpful people have *volunteered* to help
>- Ken Ray even invited you to send him your problem stack to take a
>look  -  and that on a holiday. Maybe if you weren't so focused on
>flaming the list you could actually make some progress! The people
>here are not Rev employees - they can't fix what is admittedly a
>clunky menu building feature, at least it's very confusing for new
>users. I guess if I were you, I woudn't tick off the people that are
>trying to help you!
>
>That's my 2 cents.

I know all that, decided to rant anyway.

The problem is that is a bug and the documentaion is poor. This is
true whether I Rant or not. If I don't rant I am sure nothing will be
done about it, if I do rant I am fairly sure nothing will be done
about it. So decided to rant!

Take Care and All the Best
Dave