This is what REALLY SUCKS about RunRev! - was Menubar Help

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 24 12:21:37 EST 2005

Ok, so I started again, did your steps:

>>1. Create a new mainstack
>>2. Open the Menu Builder on the Edit menu
>>3. Click the New button
>>4. Click the OK button
>>5. Select the Set as Menubar on Mac OS checkbox
>>6. Close the Menu Builder
>>7. Choose the Browse tool
>>8. Click on the new stack

And this one appears to move the said items, however, now I can't get
the stack to behave like a MacOS X menu. When I do this the menu
appears across the top of the stack window. I click the "Set as Menu
Bar on Mac OS" check box, the menu in the stack disappears. I then
save the stack, close it and re-open it. Bang! The menu bar is back
across the top of the stack window! I open the menu builder again,
the MenuBar Group box contains nothing and I have to select it via
the edit button. When I do this, the MacOS X check box is off again.
Tried this a couple of times and got fed up!

What Gives? Why is this SUCH a difficult thing to do in RunRev? I
don't know any other environment where this is SUCH a big deal, I
could have done this 100 times over in C or even PowerPC assembler!

Getting to the end of a long day and I have to get this working
tonight! I really don't want to have to tell my boss that I can't do
this in RunRev and that the support it so bad that you can't even get
someone to look at it!

All the Best
Dave