This is what REALLY SUCKS about RunRev! - was Menubar Help

Geoff Canyon gcanyon at inspiredlogic.com
Thu Nov 24 11:41:28 EST 2005

On Nov 24, 2005, at 7:58 AM, David Burgun wrote:

> The thing that gets my goat is the if I change the prefrences menu
> item to "PreferencesXXX", a dialog appears tell me that this item
> will not not be moved to the Application menu! What a Croc! It
> doesnt get moved anyway!!!

As a troubleshooting aid, try this:

1. Create a new mainstack
2. Open the Menu Builder on the Edit menu
3. Click the New button
4. Click the OK button
5. Select the Set as Menubar on Mac OS checkbox
6. Close the Menu Builder
7. Choose the Browse tool
8. Click on the new stack

At this point the menus should change to the minimum set created with
the Menu Builder. Check the Revolution menu to see if the
Preferences... item is there. If all is well it should be. Check the
Edit menu to see if the Preferences item is there. If all is well it
shouldn't be.

If the default menu created by the Menu Builder worked, then try to
figure out what is different between the menu it created and the one
that isn't working. As possibilities, consider: is Preferences
spelled exactly the same (copy and paste it to be sure); is
Preferences the last item on the menu; is there a stray return
character after it.

If the default menu created by the Menu Builder didn't work, consider
reinstalling Revolution, or try on a different computer.

regards,

Geoff