This is what REALLY SUCKS about RunRev! - was Menubar Help

David Burgun dburgun at dsl.pipex.com
Thu Nov 24 10:58:28 EST 2005

This is what REALLY SUCKS about RunRev.

You build an application and after lots of blood sweat and tears
caused by poor docmenation and lack of any support from RunRev Ltd,
only to find that you can't get a simple thing like a preferences
menu to work as documented. I've been trying to get this simple thing
to work for most of the day. Any benefit gained in terms of
development by using RunRev totally gone because a simple thing like
a preference menu item won't work!!!!!

The thing that gets my goat is the if I change the prefrences menu
item to "PreferencesXXX", a dialog appears tell me that this item
will not not be moved to the Application menu! What a Croc! It doesnt
get moved anyway!!!

The really infuriating thing is that there is absolutely nothing you
can do to even try to troubleshoot it given the poor state of the
documentation, so you are left at the mercy of the good people on
this list.

Sorry for the rant but upagainst a deadline and I felt it just needed
to be said!

All the Best
Dave