What Richmond wants to do.

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Wed Nov 23 14:51:03 EST 2005

Obviously I have not explained myself clearly as at least
one contributor to this list has got my intentions badly
wrong.

1. I AM at present making programs for content delivery and
reinforcement for English as a Foreign Language classes I
will be teaching to 6-8 year-old Bulgarians in my own
private language school from February. These programs are
being designed on a Mac using my licensed version of DC
2.6.1 they will then be transferred onto 6 Pentium 3s
running Ubuntu Linux 5.10 and converted into standalones
using the Novell RR 2.2.1. These programs will be
uneditable and will stay on my Linux boxes.

2. What I WANT to do is release these programs as FREEWARE
to Linux users world-wide to help children in nations that
for one reason or another have become parasitic on the rich
'Western' countries get ahead so that they can help their
countries pull themselves together and stop parasitising on
the 'West'. Any programs (standalones) I release will have
all constituent stacks passworded so (I hope) nobody will
bother to crack them open.

3. What I also WANT to do is offer FREE classes to a few
Bulgarian school teachers in RR - I will teach them using
the Novell RR 2.2.1 on my Ubuntu boxes in my language
school out of normal school hours.

4. WHAT I DO NOT WANT TO DO:

IS develop a 'Richmond Revolution' development environment
consisting of a few 'fluffy features' I have designed
sitting on top of years of hard work by Hypercard, Metacard
and Runtime Revolution developers.

I have a sufficient income to maintain my family in a way
which we feel is really very comfortable without having to
'RIP OFF' Runtime Revolution!

I hope that in due course some of my efforts in respect of
FREE RR classes to teachers here in Bulgaria will have both
a positive effect re Bulgarian education, and as far as
Runtime Revolution itself is concerned.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson
See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html