MIDI

MisterX b.xavier at internet.lu
Wed Nov 23 14:05:38 EST 2005

Hi Frank

I hope you have quicktime installed already...

Just create a player control from the rev palette and
set the player's filename or path to the midi file's using
the object property inspector.

or scripting

create a player
create a button with this script

answer file "Choose a midi file"
if there is a file it then -- limited check...
  -- is it really midi?
  set the path of player 1 to filepath
end if

click on play in the player...

or script the player with

on mouseup
  play me
end mouseup

-- I admit I haven't tried this script but it would be cool if it did work
;)
Anyway, lookup the rev documentation for player and it's many features,
you'll see lots of cool things...

cheers
Xavier
http://monsieurx.com