Why I equate RR/MC with LEGO - FREE, 'FREE' and UNFREE

Ken Ray kray at sonsothunder.com
Tue Nov 22 12:53:06 EST 2005

> This is getting a bit black-and-white again, and what is
> needed is a MIDDLE WAY - a licence (ideally authored under
> the supervision and approval of RR) that RR/MC authors can
> use when they chose to release their end products made with
> licenced versions of RR/MC into the FREE software arena.

My understanding is that standalones you make with RR/MC are yours and you
can do anything you want with them (give them away, sell them, rent them,
etc.). The only thing you *can't* do is to create a standalone application
that also creates applications that would compete with Revolution. So I'm
not sure what this "middle way" is that you are looking for?

Ken Ray
Sons of Thunder Software
Web site: http://www.sonsothunder.com/
Email: kray at sonsothunder.com