What I understand 'Open Source' to mean

Rob Cozens rcozens at pon.net
Tue Nov 22 10:36:14 EST 2005

Hi Richmond,

>I would like to find out what the "Princes of the Church"
>understand by 'Open Source'; because until a consensus is
>established as to what 'Open Source' means the present
>discussion is probably a bit pointless, with all parties
>entrenched in their respective corners baring their fangs.

IMF(oolesh)O, there is no single definition of open source because
there are a.number of different open source license agreements
attached to existing open source products.  In some cases, if one
modifies (or simply incorporates as-is) open source code into one's
own project, the entire project must be released as open source.

There was a discussion of the differences among the primary open
source licenses a few years ago on the rev_ipc list
<revolution_ipc at yahoogroups.com>.

Rob Cozens CCW
Serendipity Software Company