Object Orientation in arrays

Ruslan Zasukhin sunshine at public.kherson.ua
Tue Nov 22 09:20:55 EST 2005

On 11/22/05 3:27 PM, "xavier.bury at clearstream.com"
<xavier.bury at clearstream.com> wrote:

> Ruslan
>
> that's very interesting...
>
> You are kind of confirming my need for multiple tables - a sort of linked
> list approach along with
> relational lookups/indexes.
>
> The thing is i dont want to convert stream/ xml file to be parsed to
> memory to db to memory to xml
> file or other formats...

We going add into Valentina very different features to support XML.

One of them will allow you just store XML file AS IS.

Then Valentina will do some magic on this XML file, so you will get much
much more effective work with database of XML documents.

> This is still an experiment. The trick would be to handle XUL realtime in
> rev GUI for example.
>
> After xul, web services, ajax or other models would be much easier...

> Im sure that for long long lists of objects a database like Valentina would be
> great... But in a real time situation, im not sure it's going to be the
> fastest way to handle either conversion of xul to rev
> objects...
>
> or is it?

Only benchmark can answer this to you. :-)

--
Best regards,

Ruslan Zasukhin
VP Engineering and New Technology