Filter Command

Wouter wouter.abraham at scarlet.be
Tue Nov 22 08:45:28 EST 2005

On 21 Nov 2005, at 20:29, Gregory Lypny wrote:

-snip-

> 	This seems to works fine for all my companies except for "TSE 100
> Index Participation Fund Units".  I'm getting a lot of hits that
> contain "TSE" (Toronto Stock Exchange) in the headline but not the
> rest of the name.  This does not happen with other long names or
> names that have a common proper noun (e.g., Canada Bread gives me
> four hits all mentioning Canada Bread and none mentioning Canada or
> Bread alone).
>
> 	Any thoughts?

Have a look at the chartonum of each char in the strings of the
company names to make sure there are no special chars used.
Like for example hard spaces, which alter the string of a word or
words if in between.
Filter command goes haywire if a "null" character (numtochar(0))  is
in a text (origin could be certain wordprocessors, databases or rev
itself)

Greetings,
Wouter