[OT] Web Services Dead? Don't Tell Amazon

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Nov 21 15:35:59 EST 2005

Dan Shafer wrote:
> During our recent thread on thin-client vs. desktop apps, several
> people suggested that Web Services were passe, outre and otherwise
> obsolete and deadsville.

I must have missed that post.  Aside from a few extreme positions
advocating a false dichotomy which suggests that all things must one way
or another, most of the posts I read simply suggested there's plenty of
room for both, and which is best depends less on idiology than on the
practical needs of the task at hand.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Managing Editor, revJournal