What I understand 'Open Source' to mean

Mathewson richmond at mail.maclaunch.com
Mon Nov 21 14:57:34 EST 2005

I understand 'Open Source' to mean that the software, once
I have obtained it - whether by paying money or FREE, can
be altered, improved, messed-up, messed around by me and
redistributed ( usually without charge) without fear of any
legal penalties.

HOWEVER, I'm a small time chap in a small time country in
Eastern Europe . . .

I would like to find out what the "Princes of the Church"
understand by 'Open Source'; because until a consensus is
established as to what 'Open Source' means the present
discussion is probably a bit pointless, with all parties
entrenched in their respective corners baring their fangs.

sincerely, Richmond Mathewson

See Mathewson's software at:

http://members.maclaunch.com/richmond/default.html